February 9 – Update at 10 AM… and it looks like most of this storm is behaving now. I have an updated snow simulation timeline and more notes below. There are winners and losers today, but this has been a very difficult event due to the timing and warm air off of the Chesapeake. Inland areas are already at their snow range. So a correct call for western and northern counties, which might now reach the top end or exceed my snow call when this is finished. I had 1 inch at 8 AM when I showed a photo of my kid’s school bus arriving. I kept them home and the school will be closing early. At 10 AM we were up to 4″ with more in some spots. . So more than 1″/Hr rate and it is wet/heavy snow.
However Baltimore City and southward to Annapolis the slight warming from the water may keep the snow only on the grass and roads wet. There is more snow to be had… And the northern Delmarva will get their shot at stickage and accumulation this evening. There might even be a burst in southern Maryland tonight.
If you want a FITF Snow Stick, please click here for more info
- Moderate to heavy snow will burst mid day and afternoon. Some marginal areas could get road stickage.
- Sunlight is helping to keep wet roads wet.
- Snow exits central Maryland after 3 PM.
- Temps will tank tonight. So wet roads will get icy.
- There will be snow this evening and tonight east and maybe south.
- Show Showers will continue through Thursday due to upper level energy.
- Bitter Arctic Chill: Weekend Temps may stay in the teens with lows near zero.