December 31 2018
We are going to finish this record wet year the way we probably could have guessed long ago… with more rain. But it’s not the way the year began. In fact one year ago we finished 2017 in Baltimore with a high temperature of 21ºF and wind chills in the single digits at midnight. Tonight, the rain will actually come with temperatures rising into the 50s.
Here is a look at the storm on the morning weather map. For what it’s worth, heavier rain will fall to our north. But that does include New York City as Times Square will be soggy. Below, a very quick break down of what to expect with the maps down below.
Weather Key Notes:
- Morning: Some fog, mist, and light rain developing between 9 AM and noon. Temps in the 30s
- Afternoon: Rain will be moderate at times. Temps in the 40s
- Evening: A break in the rain, but scattered showers
- Tonight: Rain should be around for midnight. Temps nearing 50ºF in Baltimore. Mid 50s to lower 60s in Southern Maryland and SE VA
- New Years Day 2019: Dry and mild
- Next Rain: Thursday through Saturday
Local Weather Stats For December 30 in Baltimore
Average High: 42ºF
Record High: 72ºF in 1992
Average Low: 25ºF
Record Low: -1ºF in 1880
*Record Snow: 3.2″ in 1970
Sunrise: 7:26 AM
Sunset 4:53 PM
*Daylight = 0:36 longer than yesterday
*Bay Water Temperature = 43ºF at Thomas Pt. Light House
Radar Simulation —> slider
Rain At Midnight
Roughly 1/2 inch of new rain, some will be added to our record 2018 year and some added to 2019.
Heavier rain will fall north of Harrisburg and towards New York City.
Looking Ahead: Rain Thursday Through Saturday
Snow Day Kit
Our ritual the night before a storm is finally in one kit. Maybe if more Maryland kids had this, the storm would reach us 🙂
- This includes a very soft raglan Tee printed inside out with #FITF AND the check list, #FITF spoon for under your pillow, ice cube tray with snowflake shapes, chalk, a #FITF wrist-band, a mini SnowStix, and a bag to carry it all in.
- The introduction special price will end tonight.
- This will also help us give a free Snow Day Kit to each of the Just In Power Kids.
FITF and SnowStix Stores are now OPEN
Keep In Touch Every Day
Click here to sign up for email alerts…. Be the first to hear the big news over the weekend
Also- Just in case you don’t get the post on your social media feed
Please share your thoughts, best weather pics/video, or just keep in touch via social media
Keep In Touch Every Day
Click here to sign up for email alerts…. Just in case you don’t get the post on your social media feed
Interactive Snow Report
Winter Snow And Top 5 Wet Years
Related Winter Outlooks
Snowstix- We Need You To Measure Snow Too
We are giving 10% of each sale to Just In Power Kids: Providing FREE holistic care for pediatric oncology patients.