Monday November 11 2019
My son’s birthday has this magical number and it will always be an extra special day.He knows and appreciates that he shares it with Veterans Day and my family thanks all of you that served to protect our freedom and so much more.
Today’s big event will be Mercury in Transit, when the small planet crossing in front of the sun. We will have added clouds, but see the links below to see the 5 and 1/2 hour event online.
The weather will dominate headlines as an arctic front brings in a dramatic drop in temperatures. Mild temperatures hold today into Tuesday morning. Then the front brings the drop in the morning with rain changing to snow and bitter cold. Some stickage is likely on grassy areas, while warmer roads stay wet. The most snow even on the roads will be in the mountains in western Maryland with up to 3 inches.
Veterans Day Morning Weather
- Mercury in Transit Today: See Full info and links to online streaming video
- Mild: Near 60ºF on Monday, 50s before sunrise Tuesday
- Tuesday: Rain Changes To Snow In The Morning.
- Temperatures Stay Above Freezing Tuesday; Snow Sticks On Grass/Roads Stay Wet
- Winter Weather Advisory in Garrett County (1-3 inches); Snow burst on Maryland’s Lower Eastern Shore Into Tuesday Evening
Local Weather Stats:
Monday November 11, 2019 in Baltimore
Average High: 58ºF
Record High: 77ºF in 2006
Average Low: 38ºF
Record Low: 21ºF in 2017
Sunrise: 6:45 AM
Sunset 4:55 PM
*Daylight = 2:02 shorter than yesterday
*Bay Water Temperature = 55ºF at Thomas Pt. Light House
Get Forecasts By Email
Just in case you don’t get all posts on your social media feed, stay up to date with the latest info…
Click here to sign up for email alerts…. Be the first to hear any new weather
Thank you to our Title Sponsor for Maryland Trek 6
Shining on with Smyth and their contribution, our team has raised over $95,000 for Just In Power Kids to provide free programs for kids in and post cancer treatment.
Arctic Front: Snow And Falling Temps
Rain/Snow Timeline —> slider
- The snow may with over sooner around sunrise in southern PA and northern MD.
- The transition across central Maryland could be during the morning commute, and spread to Delmarva during the day.
- A burst of snow on Maryland’s Lower Eastern Shore later afternoon and early evening.
Tuesday Temperature Timeline —> slider
NEW FITF GEAR THIS YEAR
- Thanks to Shannon (weather wife) who wanted to bring these hats to life. *Mustard is her favorite color
- The Maryland Hoodie is high quality and a new way to show off our love of Snow and State.
- The T-shirt… Something you may find familiar. Why just a T? Because many schools I visit have the heat on high for faculty and staff. But you can put a long sleeve underneath for cool look. I will have wifey model these soon 🙂
Wednesday Morning Deep Freeze
Please share your thoughts, best weather pics/video, or just keep in touch via social media
Winter Outlook Posts
See the maps for when we normally expect the first frost in this link.
Baltimore Weather At BWI May Not Be As Hot As Reported
Construction at the airport close to the weather station may be added artificial heat. Click here or the image for the details.
Atmospheric Memory Shaped The US East Coast
Maryland Trek Cycle Jerseys From Hill Killer
All proceeds will go to the Maryland Trek 6 total and Just In Power Kids programs
Just In Power Kids:
Proceeds go to our programs Providing FREE holistic care for kids in cancer treatment and up to 5 years post treatment and caregivers.
Proceeds from all sales go to Just In Power Kids. Click the image to shop and show your support.