Sunday December 8 2019
This morning we once again start off chilly and will end seasonable. So the focus of this report will be on the next storm. Why jump ahead? Because
- The storm will bring an average of 1-2 inches of rain
- Temperatures will jump into the 60s for many
- Warm rain is boring in December. But the snow to follow is what ‘could’ impact you on Wednesday
- Wednesday will bring snow for most of our region. Some could have street stickage, but many may just see wet roads.
Plan for active weather to start the work week as showers will develop Monday with periods of heavy rain into Tuesday. Then cold air will catch up to the end of the storm before Wednesday morning. It is likely we get snow, but will it be likely to stick? That will be the debate for a while.
Sunday Morning Temperatures
Sunday Morning Weather
Sunday December 8, 2019 in Baltimore
Average High: 47ºF
Record High: 74ºF in 1980
Average Low: 30ºF
Record Low: 10ºF in 1882
Sunrise: 7:13 AM
Sunset 4:43 PM
*Daylight = 0:52 shorter than yesterday
*Bay Water Temperature = 44ºF at Thomas Pt. Light House (last year was 42ºF)
Get Forecasts By Email
Just in case you don’t get all posts on your social media feed, stay up to date with the latest info…
Click here to sign up for email alerts…. Be the first to hear any new weather
WEATHER WIFE COLLECTION
- Thanks to Shannon (weather wife) for hand picking items ‘she’ wants to wear
- The Yoga Pants have side leg pocket for your phone
- The Hoodie is extra soft and has the important ‘thumb holes’
Temperature Forecast —> slider
Temps will warm with the rain Monday night into Tuesday morning
Wednesday Morning Temperatures
Notice the freezing line will be well west and north of the cities. Snow can stick in a heavy burst when temps are above 32ºF, but it is not clear cut.
- Most of us will see snow falling on Wednesday.
- The best chance to see road stickage will be west and north of the city, however snow is likely to stick on the grass in metro areas. Yes, there could be some impact for schools… in the colder places that have already seen some snow this season.
- Water temperatures on the Chesapeake are still in the 40s. This will keep nearby areas warmer and likely get less snow.
After the brief arctic blasts next week following the storm, the jet stream will relax. Mild weather around the 15ht, but another cold shot is expected before Christmas. There will be more chances for early snow. FITF
See the maps for when we normally expect the first frost in this link.
Baltimore Weather At BWI May Not Be As Hot As Reported
Construction at the airport close to the weather station may be added artificial heat. Click here or the image for the details.
Atmospheric Memory Shaped The US East Coast
Maryland Trek Cycle Jerseys From Hill Killer
All proceeds will go to the Maryland Trek 6 total and Just In Power Kids programs
Thank you to our Title Sponsor for Maryland Trek 6
Shining on with Smyth and their contribution, our team has raised over $95,000 for Just In Power Kids to provide free programs for kids in and post cancer treatment.
Just In Power Kids:
Proceeds go to our programs Providing FREE holistic care for kids in cancer treatment and up to 5 years post treatment and caregivers.
Proceeds from all sales go to Just In Power Kids. Click the image to shop and show your support.