Monday December 9 2019
One batch of rain has already moved through and is passing east, while some freezing rain has passed to our west. In between you might have some fog this morning. This is a signal of warmer and more moist air building in. The next push of rain arrives mid day through this evening, and it will be heavy at times.
The big story will be the big swing. Some spots will continue to warm and could be close to 60ºF Tuesday morning. By Tuesday night the colder air will begin to change the last part of this storm over to snow. Temps will drop fast, but will it be fast enough to allow for stickage on the roads?
Monday Morning Weather
- This Afternoon: Rain may be heavy
- Tonight: Temperatures warm through the 50s
- Tuesday: Temperatures could hit near 60ºF
- Tuesday Night/Wednesday Morning: Snow spreads across most of the region
- Will The Snow Stick? Inland areas will drop below freezing, but cities will not. Snow can stick in mild areas if the intensity is hard enough. That will be the challenge in the forecast. The amounts could range from a coating to a few inches (at least on the grass)
Monday December 9, 2019 in Baltimore
Average High: 47ºF
Record High: 73ºF in 1966
Average Low: 30ºF
Record Low: 4ºF in 1876
Sunrise: 7:14 AM
Sunset 4:43 PM
*Daylight = 0:48 shorter than yesterday
*Bay Water Temperature = 45ºF at Thomas Pt. Light House (last year was 42ºF)
Get Forecasts By Email
Just in case you don’t get all posts on your social media feed, stay up to date with the latest info…
Click here to sign up for email alerts…. Be the first to hear any new weather
Rain Timeline —> slider
Temperature Timeline —> slider
Wednesday Morning Close Up
NAM 3 KM Model– This is actually the warmest solution.
- In my next report, I will contrast the modeling to show the spread of potential timing and intensity.
- It will snow for most of the region.
The most likely spots to have stickage on the roads will be in southern PA. In Maryland: western Montgomery, Frederick, Carroll, western Howard, northern Baltimore, and northern Harford Counties. Metro Baltimore and spots near the water still need to be monitored for intensity to overcome the warmer air/ground.
Click here to see my model comparison report from Sunday evening
WEATHER WIFE COLLECTION
- Thanks to Shannon (weather wife) for hand picking items ‘she’ wants to wear
- The Yoga Pants have side leg pocket for your phone
- The Hoodie is extra soft and has the important ‘thumb holes’
See the maps for when we normally expect the first frost in this link.
Baltimore Weather At BWI May Not Be As Hot As Reported
Construction at the airport close to the weather station may be added artificial heat. Click here or the image for the details.
Atmospheric Memory Shaped The US East Coast
Maryland Trek Cycle Jerseys From Hill Killer
All proceeds will go to the Maryland Trek 6 total and Just In Power Kids programs
Thank you to our Title Sponsor for Maryland Trek 6
Shining on with Smyth and their contribution, our team has raised over $95,000 for Just In Power Kids to provide free programs for kids in and post cancer treatment.
Just In Power Kids:
Proceeds go to our programs Providing FREE holistic care for kids in cancer treatment and up to 5 years post treatment and caregivers.
Proceeds from all sales go to Just In Power Kids. Click the image to shop and show your support.